SAN DIEGO – March 7, 2014 – This week, winners were announced for the Airport Revenue News Best Airports and Concessions awards – and San Diego International Airport (SAN) came away a big winner. Among medium-sized airports, SAN was recognized for:
- Best Overall Concessions Program
- Best Concessions Program Design
- Best Concessions Management Team
“We are honored to receive some of the most prestigious awards in the airport concessions industry and to be recognized for our innovative program,” said Thella F. Bowens, President/CEO of the San Diego County Regional Airport Authority. “The awards certainly reflect the high level of skill and talent among our hard-working concessions team and our many concessions partners.”
A leading publication within the aviation industry, Airport Revenue News announced the winners on the final night of its 10th Annual Airport Revenue News Conference & Exhibition in Orlando in front of 850 attendees. The annual three-day conference and exhibition featured the largest gathering of airport decision-makers in the concessions arena.
SAN has nearly completed its two-year concessions renovation, which is completely revamping the shopping and dining offerings at the airport by providing more and better options for travelers. The new Concessions Development Program enhances the airport user experience by:
- Increasing the variety of food, beverage and retail offerings
- Providing more and higher quality choices for the consumer
- Creating a sense of place that is uniquely “San Diego”
- Representing the best local, regional, national and international concepts
For more information on SAN concessions, visit http://san.org/san/at_the_airport/shopping_eating.aspx.
# # #
619.400.2880 / firstname.lastname@example.org